This is a short how-to for activating BlackBerry BIS on prepaid phone. There are 2 ways this can be done, and you should note that you must have at least R 59 worth of airtime before trying to activate BIS.
- SMS the word “BlackBerry” to 100
- Dial *111#
- Choose option 2 , “Bundle Purchase“
- Choose option 4, “BlackBerry Purchase“
- Then choose between a monthly subscription or a once-off
- Confirm the purchase
If this is the first time activating BIS. then after purchase follow these steps:
- Wait for an SMS confirmation from Vodacom on your BIS purchase, this should take around +- 30 min
- Off BlackBerry
- Remove battery
- Wait 10 sec
- Re-insert battery and turn BlackBerry on
- Your BlackBerry will now take some time to boot as it is downloading the standard apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Internet browser etc.
- After the BlackBerry boots you can now use BIS with your prepaid phone.
BIS prepaid once-off is valid for a full 30 days and does not work on pro-rata, e.g if you activate BIS on the 15 June, BIS will expire on the 15 July.