This is a simple how-to for activating BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) using an 8ta simcard on a prepaid phone. Please note that you must have at least R 59 worth of airtime before trying to activate BIS.
Here is how you go about activating your BIS with 8ta:
- Step 1 – Firstly you need to have at least R59 in your account
- Step 2 – Then you dial *180# from your cellphone and select Option 1 ( Bundle Purchases)
- Step 3 – Then you select Option 2 (Prepaid BlackBerry)
- Step 4 – If you are new to Blackberry on 8ta then you select the Option 1 (Add BlackBerry).If you are not new to BlackBerry then you Select Option 2 (Reactivate BlackBerry)
- Step 5 – Select Option 1 (BIS R59 recurring) and complete the transaction by “Agreeing“ to the prompts.
If this is the first time activating BIS. then after purchase follow these steps:
- Wait for an SMS confirmation from 8ta on your BIS purchase, this should take around +- 30 min
- Off BlackBerry
- Remove battery
- Wait 10 sec
- Re-insert battery and turn BlackBerry on
- Your BlackBerry will now take some time to boot as it is downloading the standard apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Internet browser etc.
- After the BlackBerry boots you can now use BIS with your prepaid phone.