This is a simple how-to for activating BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) using an Cell C simcard on a prepaid phone. Please note that you must have at least R 60 worth of airtime before trying to activate BIS.
Cell C (Pre-paid Customer)
Here is how you go about activating your Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) with Cell C:
- Make sure you have at least R 60 in your account.
- You dial *147# and press the call button and then choosing Option 7
- If that doesn’t seem to work, then call the centre by dialing 140.
- Your BIS is activated. Then just switch the phone off and remove the battery. Put back in and switch it on, your BIS service should be activated.
If this is the first time activating BIS. then after purchase follow these steps:
- Wait for an SMS confirmation from Cell Con your BIS purchase, this should take around +- 30 min
- Off BlackBerry
- Remove battery
- Wait 10 sec
- Re-insert battery and turn BlackBerry on
- Your BlackBerry will now take some time to boot as it is downloading the standard apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Internet browser etc.
- After the BlackBerry boots you can now use BIS with your prepaid phone.