This is a simple how-to for activating BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) using an MTN simcard on a prepaid phone. Please note that you must have at least R 62 worth of airtime before trying to activate BIS.
MTN (Pre-paid Customer)
Here is how you go about activating your Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) with MTN:
- Make sure you have R62 in your account.
- You dial *141*11# and press the call button.
- Your BIS is activated. Then just switch the phone off and remove the battery.
- Put back in and switch it on, your BIS service should be activated.
- You have to dial 1555 from your cellphone to get it activated and you also have to fill in some forms.
- Your BIS rate will differ according to your contract plan.
If this is the first time activating BIS. then after purchase follow these steps:
- Wait for an SMS confirmation from MTN on your BIS purchase, this should take around +- 30 min
- Off BlackBerry
- Remove battery
- Wait 10 sec
- Re-insert battery and turn BlackBerry on
- Your BlackBerry will now take some time to boot as it is downloading the standard apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Internet browser etc.
- After the BlackBerry boots you can now use BIS with your prepaid phone.