TomTom has released the latest version of its app for the Apple iPhone and iPad. The update includes the addition of TomTom Places, and fully integrates TomTom navigation with social media applications.
“Searching with TomTom Places whilst on the move is a big time saver,” says Gerard Hinds, Director Mobile at TomTom. “For example, if you searched for ‘bread’ via a normal search engine, you’d be given recipes. However, search with TomTom Places, and you’ll find a variety of places in the local area where you can actually buy bread. So there’s no need to sift through all that irrelevant information when you’re trying to find a place to go.”
The TomTom navigation app for iPhone and iPad fully supports social networks as a source for turn-by-turn navigation. The new version automatically plans routes based on information from Facebook events and places. Additionally, drivers can use the app to share their destination and arrival time on Twitter, Facebook, by email and by SMS text.
New to version 1.10 of the TomTom Navigation app for iPhone and iPad:
- Explore a world of local knowledge with your TomTom App. Search TomTom Places to find nearby shops and restaurants, and choose the best places to go. And if you don’t have a signal, you can still search thousands of Points of Interest stored in the App.
- Uses Facebook places and events as a source of turn-by-turn navigation.
- Enables drivers to share their destination and arrival time on Twitter, Facebook, by email and SMS text.
The TomTom Navigation app for iPhone and iPad already offers drivers:
- The latest, most accurate maps available – with no need for a mobile signal or data plan.
- Free daily map changes from the TomTom community through Map Share.
- Reliable arrival times at all times of day with IQ Routes.
- The quickest routes through traffic, with more coverage and more updates than any other provider. Powered by HD Traffic.
- Real-time camera alerts via TomTom Speed Cameras.
- Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone thanks to iOS Multitasking support.
- Seamless integration with contacts, photos, music, email and calendar.
The TomTom Navigation app for iPhone and iPad is now available for purchase from the Apple App Store. Existing customers can download the update for free.
TomTom Places is available on the updated TomTom App for iPhone and iPad in the following countries: Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Portugal, Norway, Spain and Sweden.